Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My Adventures Making Meadow Tea

Its difficult to find exact directions on how to make meadow tea.... and I love the stuff and want to have it all year long... so I found a recipe to make it and freeze it so I can have some this winter...

Basically you pick a bunch of mint... 


 (I like to use apple mint but you can use a mixture or anything really)


Make sure you wash it really well...


Bring a large amount of water to a boil
Add leaves and let it steep for 1 1/2 hours - 2 hours pushing leaves down occasionally

Pull out mint leaves and add 2-3 cups sugar
You can freeze this concentrate in quart boxes (I prefer bags because they lay flat and take up less room in my small freezer) 


To use add 1 quart concentrate to 1-2 quarts water (it all depends on your taste preferences) and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment