Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

Thursday, August 18, 2011

I remember when...

Tonight I was cooking dinner...thunder is booming outside... children are settled in the living room watching pbs...one on the couch and one on his tummy on the floor wrapped up in his special blanket...
I was cooking dinner... nothing special... just browning burger and I was lost in a memory... back when we were first married, oh how much I wanted to cook good food for my Husband.. I would be constantly looking at recipes and trying to make measurements... I don't know if it was the burger, or the pan I was using that brought this memory/ feeling back to me. The memory put a smile on my face. Why was so "difficult" to make sure that dinner was on the table when he got home from work? ...it seemed to be my main focus...  My how we have changed and grown!

Us 2005 (Married about 2 months)

I am so thankful for my husband who was wiling to eat my experiments... and he still does...
Us 2011 (Married 6 years)

The only pictures I can remember taking in our first place were of a cookie baking incident where  my friends and I got together to bake some Christmas cookies.. unfortunately... I didn't have enough flower or butter (I am still not the best planner).. We had to run out and get more as we went...

 Something sure was funny... not sure what
 Maybe it was terrible looking cookies...
 Maybe it was my card table kitchen table...
I can't help but thank the Lord for giving me someone that I can grow and have fun with... good memories and many more good times to come...

~ Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment