Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Between Business Trips and Weddings

Between business trips and weddings I have somehow found my desire to paint... I have been painting everything!
Husband went away for a business trip and I got the urge to paint our bedroom... I mean what else do you do in the evenings when you husband is gone?

This is what our room looked like before we moved in a little over a year ago.. WHITE walls and DARK green shiny painted trip... NOT my taste!

Not the best pictures my little helpers wanted to be in every shot... I still have something special I want to do to the wall behind the bed, but for now at least the color is better...



We had this little incident happen in our kitchen... Riley found out that baseball bats can break glass...


I found a bunk bed for FREE beside the road about a year ago... I had big plans for it in our spare room...( I dream of having room for foster children in my family) after visiting with some friends of ours who have bunk beds for their kids Connor has become "inspired" he really wants bunk beds for his room...

I put a lot of work into his old blue bed with chalkboards...
View from door (yes his room is a little messy)
but he really wanted a change, and a free bed well I guess it couldn't be too much of a risk.. I chose black because they were spray painted white and it was NOT working for me...  and black spray paint was much less expensive than other colors...We added Chalkboards to his chest of drawers...

I asked Connor if he thought it was strange that his mommy was using a circular saw to cut boards to support his mattress... he just looked at me silly and was like ..um no...
Picture by: Connor
New view from door
 They were both very excited about the new bed.. there is no "bunkie board" so for now the top is just for hanging out and siting up high
I feel like it's all ok.. but there are still finishing touches I need to get done... to end these crazy 2 weeks we went to Dutch wonderland for the evening... 








Momma came home with a fever and spent the rest of the weekend in bed till I finally went to the dr. Monday afternoon... got a prescription and I am slowly feeling better....

No comments:

Post a Comment