Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Little Dinner Party

Last minute things are kinda ideal for me... somehow God always allows them to come together... I put on my Grandmother's apron and got to work....


  
 I dressed up our dining room... I got to use my wedding china!! for like the 3rd time ever...  (we are going on 6 years this June)... I found a drop cloth that fit just right at Harber Freight for 6.99! for a 12 ft. by 4ft. piece of fabric!... I love the texture it kinda feels rustic and I like that! 
 
I had to put two tables together to make enough room... oh how I long for a VERY large table...(note to self 10 ft. table is a big as we can go ) Husband really had so squish on the end. I hung Christmas lights from my ceiling and added simple name tags and flowers from a bush outside..I  also threw in some tea lights for good measure....
and what were my kids doing while I was making everything so girly?... well....

 
 
... not much but they were having fun too...
 
 
I have been very fortunate to have been introduced to some very special girls. I met them when they were in seventh grade and I was in my first year of marriage.  I got to know them well by sharing sleepovers, midnight shopping trips, and many beach trips.
 
They went from seventh grade girls...
  
...To high school girls before I knew it....
 




Most of my favorite memories took place at the beach where I got plenty of time to talk and learn about their lives.. they were each unique and special... not one I would trade for another...

 They welcomed me into their lives and I got to celebrate milestones... like sweet 16 birthday parties...





They have been a major part of my life too we all went to the wedding of a fellow youth leader together... they kept my husband busy occupied  entertained while I was part of the wedding party...

Graduation is coming this year and it is a little crazy the thought of them in college the real world... I wanted to throw them a dinner party to celebrate the truly uniqueness that is them... The wonderful special gift they gave me of allowing me to be a part of their lives.... thanks girls!









No comments:

Post a Comment