Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

cheap or thrifty?

Two very important men (Dad and Grandpa) in my life have been talking about my cheapness recently... and it got me to thinking am I really cheap or am I thrifty?

I recently discovered some advantages to living in the country I can get free range eggs from a local farmer for 1.50 a dozen...regular eggs in the grocery store are $1.60. I can also get milk 2.90 a gallon from a local dairy (yes it is pasteurized Grandpa). A gallon of 2% in the store was almost $4.00 a gallon! we love milk in our house (mostly of the chocolate variety) at about a gallon every 2 days every little bit helps.

I expanded my garden this year so I could grow more tomato plants and pepper plants (more to come on my garden)... do you know how expensive peppers are in the store 1.00 each! we use peppers in like everything... I got a pack of 4 plants for 1.25 (I am not very good at seeding my own) so as long as i get al least 2 peppers I will have broken even...which I totally will because last year I had a ton with less plants. My Aunt gave me some black raspberry plants I hope to maybe make some jam... or at the very least some awesome homemade ice-cream... we planted a Apple tree this year also... no apples this year but I sure hope to get some in the future.. at the rate we eat apple sauce in this house it will be am awesome investment (the tree was $12.00).

I also must make a shout out to the Children's Place outlet...how I love your .99 cent sales :) brand new clothes for really cheap.

Am I cheap or just thrifty? i am not sure, but I am making no apologies for wanting to save a few bucks here and there... have you SEEN the cost of heating oil?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment