Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Is it really Chirstmas... ALREADY?

Well It is my favorite time of year once again...
I have been listening to TSO ...since like BEFORE thanksgiving... and I am slowly decorating the house...
I got some tree's last year (fake ones) for the boys rooms so they can proudly display their Christmas ornaments... I was given a slightly early gift:  a few days alone with my husband to GET READY!

 Dining Room:

Back porch.. and Home made Christmas ball Wreath...I got some REALLY old Christmas decorations from Freecycle last year...

Apparently when they get wet the color washes off.. The day after I put it up.. YUP rain...

 Living room:


Living room : Soon to add a Christmas tree...


 Christmas tree shopping was a little different this year... We went without the boys!! the boys were vising his parents for a few days... It was kinda nice, and kinda lonely all at the same time... and it was almost 60 degrees out!.. it was awesomely strange weather for DECEMBER!

Momma has a new SUV! and without the boys I was able to get a Christmas tree inside and I didn't need to borrow my Daddy's truck! ahhh independence :)
 I wanted to go with a rustic theme for Christmas this year so I got kraft paper to wrap the gifts and I used garden twine and I used old book pages and kraft paper to make name tags.. It ONLY took me 3 hours to wrap everything ...
 Honestly I am not the best wrapper of gifts around and by the end I was DONE and they really didn't look as "nice" as I saw them in my head but oh well... I sill like the idea of simplicity... that is what we are going for this year.. a simple relaxing day to celebrate the birth of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ... I am backing away from all the glitz and glamor of the season and trying to focus my family on the true importance of the day...
Yup that is pretty much all the gifts under out tree... they were there for the picture but are safely hiding till Christmas eve...
I feel pretty close to done... Just a few more things...
AND I am excited at the thought of having Christmas at our house this year my parents and my brother and his wife...simple and nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment