Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

Saturday, December 17, 2011

ROCKcitle

My Husband and I went to a Rockcitle last night. It was a combination of a youth recital and a rock show. The theme was the 80's.


It was a great show! My niece takes guitar lessons and this is how her teacher teaches his students how much fun/ work being in a band and putting on shows really is. It was really cute! people came dressed in their 80's wear and so did the students. 


Some of the children were very young (7 or 8) they were all playing along with the "house band" which was the guitar teacher and his brother and a drummer and occasionally someone on the keys. This was so awesome because it gave each student a chance to showcase their talents abut it also made each student sound awesome to have people backing them up and singing along. I was so impressed with the guitar teacher he was so involved in everything and worked so hard! they rented out an old warehouse and had a stage, lights , fog machines and all. It was really really fun for the kiddo's (and the parents)
Acacia did good... she got up on stage and played and sang her song..."love song" by The Cure



So far I would have to say this rockcitle set the bar very high for recitals... I was very impressed with how much work went into it and I would love to have my boys involved in something like that in their future...

~momma

No comments:

Post a Comment