Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

Saturday, January 21, 2012

First Snow of the Year

First snow of the year (2012) and the Boys were LOVING it!.. I was woken up to Connor informing Riley that it snowed last night... "look outside Riley... here I'll help you up"... (Riley is a little too short to see out the window in the upstairs hall.. but if he stands on the radiator he can see just fine)

This picture is from the living room I didn't have my camera in bed to capture the boys on the radiator

all Connor could talk about was getting his 4 wheeler out and driving it around in the snow...
I made some breakfast (these boys have really been eating a lot recently... half a dozen eggs today *well that was including Steve and I...  BUT... 2 bowls of oatmeal yesterday plus toast all for Connor...more on that later)... and we all bundled up....


 Riley enjoyed every bit of the snow.. even eating it...

Yum..?
Daddy worked on our sidewalk.. and a few of our neighbors sidewalks as well... WITH the help of our next door neighbors snow blower that she kindly bough "for us"... WELL not actually for us..  She purchased one for herself and since she does not have a garage so she asked if she could keep it in ours... and we would be welcome to use it whenever we wanted... Well sure we said... and so now "we" have a snow blower!..

The boys and I went exploring..took a sled ride out to the "cabin" checked on the mingo's living out there...
We built a fort and had a snow ball fight..
the 4 wheeler in the snow didn't work quite as well as Connor had pictured... he got stuck almost immediately...
 Poor Riley his wouldn't go at all....

 And of course we had to have some hot chocolate once we were inside...

 I enjoy playing in the snow with the boys.. especially on a Saturday when I have nowhere to go and nothing to do... Its a gift from God, like a now toy to play with, I am once again filled with thanksgiving for all these moments I am able to spend with the boys... making memories...
This picture is not blurred due to any editing... It is just the old glass in my window that made the effect...
~ Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment