Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

Monday, January 23, 2012

The People that you Meet When you are Walking Down the Street

The people that you meet when you are walking down the street.. OR in a grocery store...
I met two very "interesting" people today in the grocery store.. both older gentlemen.. somewhere around their 50's... My boys were taking up the entire isle at the store so I asked them to "come touch my cart" to get them close and not out in the middle..then explained to them that they needed to stay close and not take up the entire isle because other people wanted to get through... another guy in the isle said "ahhh a good parent!" then turned to me said "I am so glad to see that there are good parents out there.. take what I am saying as a complement I was an elementary school teacher for 35 years and you are wonderful" I said "thank you very much" and we all continued on our way.. I was feeling quite good about myself and my parenting at this point.. I chose to continue shopping... not that I needed anything else but we were trying out a new discount grocery store and I just wanted to look around...
The boys and I headed down another isle and they squeezed through a shopper and a worker and I said "Connor, Riley you need to stop Momma can't fit through there" I was about to call them back when the customer moved so I could get through, as I passed I said "thank you" My boys and I were headed to another section and the gentleman we just passed poked his head around the isle and said " you could have just asked me to move.. that was not a suggestion!" I was stunned!? ... I checked the faces of my boys they did not even notice him and were excited to try out the freezer section... So of course we did... Should I have said sorry? should I have said excuse me?... I just don't even really know... I don't know what to do or say in situations like that... why do people feel the need to be mean to others? everything nice the first gentleman said I feel like went right out the window and I was the rudest person in the store...

No comments:

Post a Comment