Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

Monday, October 17, 2011

Day 1: Our "Cabin"

Daddy is out of town for the week so me and my little boys are taking adventures on all by ourselves...
Today was a beautiful fall day... After raking this weeks (haha if ONLY no more leaves would fall all week...) out of the yard I had an idea... I was looking at some sticks I had piled up in teepee fashion to get out of my way... I wonder if I could make something large enough for the boys to get in...
We have a bunch of old shutters left over after painting our house... and there it was my inspiration...a shutter teepee ...
NOW I must admit... I AM NOT a "woodworker" I am not the "cut once measure twice" kind of girl.. I'm the "hummm this looks close"... "it will look better after its painted" kind of girl.  


I am stuck... I am not sure what to do about the top... None of the shutters were the same size.. soooo at the top I have a separation between the first two.... 


I tried shingles... (old and dry rotted) did not work.. I thought maybe an old weather-vane BUT I am not sure how to get it to attach... really missing my logical husband... but we had fun building and playing... we played "big bad wolf " and I blew their house in...

Oh what fun it is to be a kid!

 I let them paint their names inside... it looks more like cave drawling... but I LOVE it!
Today was fun... I am very thankful, I hope tomorrow goes as smoothly!

No comments:

Post a Comment