Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

Monday, October 10, 2011

Tour of the Shed * Update*

I took a tour of the shed today and I came upon a few idea's...

Old broken director's chair   =   Stool?

After I took apart the  director's chair I could see the hinges being used to connect some old shutters I had laying around in the shed too... maybe a room divider...

Now because I do NOT like  to document my failures... I did not take a "before" picture
BUT this is what I came up with...
I took the old chair apart.. it was missing an arm and the fabric to make it a seat. I painted everything black and took a drop cloth and stretched it across the top stapling it on the sides... It could be used as a foot stool or as a side table, I chose side table, and placed a tea tray on top. I have it placed in my mishmashed living room full of hand me down furniture and home made things...


The Shutters I painted and took the hinges from the chair and attached them all together.. I feel like it is plain and is in need of some kind of additional detail, But I am not sure what that is yet...


I love this look...

BUT than again I might end up doing something like this...
so many possibilities... I may even move  it outside....

**Once I finished this post I became consumed with finding a place for these shutters... I added some hardware from my Husbands grandmother's old hutch and Placed it behind a ladder I had in the Hall upstairs... I couldn't leave the project as it was... I still need to find something for the hooks, but for now i feel better about the project...

Also I recently found this chair at Goodwill for 3.00 and I decided to paint it today...
Before (ish) again I don't know why I don't take pictures when I start.... but here is is after I removed the seat and sanded it down
 Here is the finished chair.. yet another add on to the mishmash that is my living room...



-Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment