Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

Friday, February 3, 2012

All the Small Things

Sometimes I get so caught up in stuff that I forget to take time out for the ones I love the most. It is easy to just live life ... how easy it is to forget the small things that make each day special.
Yesterday Riley woke up with a stuffy nose... he came downstairs when Husband was making breakfast and Husband asked if he would like to blow is nose and "blow it out?" Riley did BUT was still stuffy he looked at Husband and said "blow it up" and sniffed super exaggerated to stop is runny nose...How I smiled and laughed when I heard the story, it made my morning!

The boys and I went to pick up a mower for my father- in -law.. at an Amishman's shop... I was greeted with a smile by another Amish customer. After Connor asked why there needed to be a back room and why couldn't they work on the machines where he could see them, I gave him the answer that way they could work with out customers getting in the way. The Amishman smiled and said to Connor we wouldn't want you getting hurt. Riley was walking around he kindly patted him on the head, I was just very impressed with the genuine kindness of this man, It honestly made my afternoon.

At supper I made an old standby: cheeseburger pie (I probably make this too often...) last evening I chose to make french fries as the side dish... Husband complemented me on the dinner he thought that was a great combination. I really appreciated this small gesture.
I want to make the conscious choice to remember the Small things that make life special.. Even though I hear: "my car"  "NO! My car" "Mine" "MINE"... "MOMMMMMMMA!".. I choose to remember the small things...

No comments:

Post a Comment