Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

Friday, July 20, 2012

Thoughts from a Mother's heart: How to make boys into leaders

The other evening on my way to work I heard this song, maybe for the first time, maybe not. It was just the first time I actually heard it..





Love stories are my weakness... This song is a love story of a Husband and wife, Father and his children, and Son to his Father God. The lyrics in this song are amazing, truthful and honest...
Every day I am thankful for my husband.... I see strength in him, love, and patience...  I know he is our leader...

Oh, I can hear her saying

Lead me with strong hands
Stand up when I can't
Don't leave me hungry for love
Chasing dreams, but what about us?

Show me you're willing to fight
That I'm still the love of your life
I know we call this our home
But I still feel alone


I want my boys to grow into men like this... I want them to be leaders of their family... I want them to know to go to God when times are tough... I want them to find women who are willing to be lead. I want their hearts to ache for the Lord...


So Father, give me the strength
To be everything I'm called to be
Oh Father, show me the way
To lead them

Won't You lead me?


The lesson that I need to teach is a tough one, the world view of strength come from never asking for help, from taking care of yourself and only yourself. The truth in this song is man is only so strong alone... true strength comes from vulnerability and seeking the Lord.

Today's prayer:
{Dear Heavenly father let Connor and Riley find a wife who is worthy of respect, not a malicious talker but temperate and trustworthy in everything. Let her be willing to submit to her husband as to the Lord. 1 Timothy 3:11; Ephesians 5:22}

No comments:

Post a Comment