Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Thoughts From a Mother's Heart: Sending your Child into the World Without Fear

Sending your child into the world without fear...

Kindergarten starts next month... August 27th to be exact...

I know he will do fine, but there is still something nagging at me... 
I am not sure what... but this little man that I love so dearly will be going out into the world by himself...
...the scary, mean, uncertain world ...

I read this verse today and I found some peace .. I know my Lord will take care of him, my Lord is greater and stronger and will love him more than I ever could...

He will cover you with his feathers,
    and under his wings you will find refuge;
    his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
You will not fear the terror of night,
    nor the arrow that flies by day,
 Psalm 91:4-5

When he was little my prayer for him was that he would grow up strong in the Lord and seek him in everything that he does. I felt assured that when he left and was successful in life I would know I had done ok with him... I also felt that that would be a VERY long time until that happened.

sometimes when I watch him run and jump and play... being kind and using his imagination it takes my breath away... how can this be my little baby? when did he get so big?
the love I have for this little guy totally changed my life... He is my one true.. the one that I was willing to change for (and you all know how I hate change)
I feel like I am saying goodby to him... and I am... my baby is leaving me and my little man will be coming home..
Sometime I just want to go back and hold my baby again! for as much of a struggle it was getting him to sleep through the night... the walking, crawling, talking, talking back... I would trade almost anything to go back and do it all again...


 ...this next stage frightens me more than anything that has come before ...


This is where I  let go and let the Lord take care of him... I must trust, and that in itself is difficult pill to swallow.. I must trust that I have thought him well... that he will be polite, follow the rules... and most importantly seek the Lord.. at school with his friends... in everything he does...
My prayers for him will change and forever be changing ... I will include his teacher, and friends, and their families...
New problems will arise but one thing that will never change is my love for him, my untouchable and unchangeable love for my little boy that I have felt since the very first time I held him...


Time is flying by and today I have felt like I was moving in slow motion with everyone flying past me...
until I read Psalm 91:4-5 and felt a little more connected and reassured that we are all in his hands at every stage in our lives....
 
 
 
~Momma



No comments:

Post a Comment