Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Gifts my Grandama Gave Me

My Grandma has a lovely home and has spent many years decorating it...  a few years before Pinterest ... she was looking for idea's...

My Grandmother has a loft filled with older home decorating magazines and sometimes I get a chance to go up and grab a couple dozen magazines to take home for inspiration... 

somehow this Gem go into my pile...


 I just had to share this amazing find.... I love getting a peek into the past...the color schemes... The passion people put into decorating these spaces is awesome! even if I don't want to use their idea's in my house I still loved looking through their idea's... it is like a snapshot of a time... style... passion.



Spring- Summer 1969 Red, White and Blue was a trend...



Everything is so machey machey... from the material used in the curtains to the fabric used on the chairs...
 what I find cool is I like elements of the room... in the picture below I like the fabric on the chair in the foreground...just not with the matching curtains..and blue paneling...

This room just looks so... so... so... 1969.. I feel like you could have walked into any house and seen this very room... I guess to me it seems impersonal... I am eclectic...i have a bunch of stuff from different places and I feel like those things tell the story of me... I don't buy nick knacks to fill a room... my room fills up with the stuff I bring home from the places I have been... (flea market, goodwill)


When we were searching for a house within our budget many of the homes had left over remnants of these designs...  the linoleum floors...the stained plywood cabinets... fake brick island... frilly curtains... light fixtures...
this kitchen makes me cringe...


Triangle fireplace? Bold BOLD patterns and colors!



 Hope you enjoy a look back at design... I actually want to keep the magazine I just love it!

~Momma

* these are just pictures taken form McCalls do it yourself magazine from 1969 Magazine. I give the magazine all the credit for all of these photo's*

No comments:

Post a Comment