Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Thoughts from a Mother's Heart: Homeschool

I want "NORMAL" kids... Don't I?
I want them to have friends..
Be loving and outgoing...
Feel confidant in themselves...
Be active in sports (if they want)...
Be active in music (if they want)...
I want them to be successful in life...
Learn self control...
To accomplish something they set their minds too....
I want them to go to college and do something they love...
I want them to be socially adjusted and Follow the Lord their God with all their heart in everything they do...

BUT... 
I kinda want to home school my children...
Will I be able to socialize them?..
I don't want them to be "Those home schooled kids"
I don't want them to slip up and not learn enough from me...
I want to be there and learn with my kids...
I want to go on family field trips...
I want to make sure that the arts and music are not cut out of my child's education...
Public schools are making cuts left and right and I do NOT want my child's education to be cut when I could do it better myself....
BUT who says I can do it better?
Who says I can teach them?
Is it me I am doing this for.. am I "afraid" to let them go?
Am I "afraid"to miss something important in their lives?
I HATED school...
I mean REALLY hated school...not even the learning but the people there...
I don't want to pass my insecurities along to my children...
Connor already does not want to go to Sunday School.... he just does not like it.... someone else giving him instruction... HE NEEDS to learn that it is ok...
He DOES NOT want to go to Bible School....
So I am not pushing him to do it... but should I?
When do I push and when do I let me make the choice? is it really detrimental for him to not go to Sunday school or bible school... I don't go...
If I choose to let them stay home... is it a choice for me or for them?
If he asked/ wanted to go I would fully encourage it.!!!
but would I be doing this for me... or them...?



Heavenly father, please help to me have wisdom to choose the right path for my boys, help me to see this situation with wisdom and discernment. In your name Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment