Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

Monday, May 30, 2011

Long Weekends

I treasure every moment of being a stay at home mother to my boys, but sometimes I wish my husband could be there to enjoys the activities with us. I love long weekends because he gets a chance to do those activities along with us... and this weekend was no exception we were BUSY!

The boys go to enjoy a birthday party on Saturday afternoon... Happy birthday Lilly!
Followed by FRESH strawberry shortcake for dinner at grandma and grandpa's house... an even more special treat great- grandma and great-grandpa came over too!! (my momma always grows the best strawberry's in her garden)

Sunday we went to Hershey for our annual Memorial Day picnic with my Husbands family. This is the one time of year when we get to see my husbands uncle Jack. He is an awesome guy (probably the coolest guy I know who graduated from Penn State class of  '52 ) He is the man Riley was named after (well that side of the family).
 Nan and uncle Jack (2011)

Mr. Jack Walker and my little Riley Walker were having fun together at our picnic, I was able to snap a few shots of them hanging out together. I feel honored to have my son names after such a kind, gentle man, Riley took to him immediately.

Monday is our day of rest where we as a family went on a relaxing hike together. We got to follow the trail down to the creek and explore all around.

Do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them. Deuteronomy 4:9


Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Colossians 3:15


My boys were very excited too stop and look all around at the different things God created....I just love nature and feel that everything is so purely God... his creation at its most basic. I find it so easy to be with him and rejoice in him when I am surrounded by such beauty.

How great is the love of the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! 1 John 3:1

Connor liked this tree... He thought it looked like a smiley face with a beard... gotta love imagination!


(Deer)
(Dog)
 (Butterfly)

Connor was loving looking at the different tracks we found in the mud and the different tree's that had fallen over in the forest....
  


Riley was fascinated by the water. Once he crouched down and didn't want to get back up even after Daddy and Connor were out of sight.


We got to explore under a covered bridge....



We got to throw rocks into the water....



 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. 3 john 1:4



At the end Connor was on Daddy's back and Riley was on Momma's shoulders but it was absolutely beautiful and I wouldn't couldn't have asked for a more relaxing hike. I LOVE long summer weekends!





No comments:

Post a Comment